Hello! My name is Makaio Krienke and I started playing chess at the age of 14. My chess career started out playing in a few tournaments in Hawaii and then in Central Florida where there is a big chess culture. Since I’ve been in Florida, I’ve had the pleasure of learning from several strong players and enhancing my playing skills. I enjoy sharing the knowledge I’ve gained and hope to encourage more people to play chess. I have been coaching chess in person for more than 3 years, including my time as an elementary school chess teacher at Franklin Academy to over 600 students. I am looking to expand to different platforms of teaching chess, such as the internet.
Aside from playing and studying chess, I like to read and write about finance as well as play video games.
Some information about myself:
- Makaio Krienke
- 26 years old
- Highest USCF Rating = 2229
- USCF National Master since 2013
- Started playing chess competitively at age 14, now 26 years old with 12 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience coaching chess players in person
- “goldenspine” on Chess.com
- Tie for 1st at the 2008 World Open winning $12,000
- 1st place at the 2009 US Amateur Team South Tournament
- Tie for 2nd at the 2010 North American Open winning $3,000
- Tie for 3rd at 2013 World open winning $1,500
- 1st place at the 2014 Ocala Summer classic
- 2nd place at ZPR Florida Invitational 2016